Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Courtship




I love Sundays because it’s when I get to meet the beautiful “virtuous” ladies whose charisma depicts God’s glory radiating around them. Those Jimmy Choo heels, those clutch purses, those extra large bibles that would slap the taste out of the devil’s mouth if he crosses their paths. Sunday is also a great day for guys, young men, who put on their Sunday overalls after a clean shave and a nice perfumed spray just before a sharp ironing has taken place. Yes! Sunday is the day where many go to meet with their maker and some others scan the expanse of the church auditorium searching for a lady or a cute guy as it may seem. PS(I am not in this category oo). Anyway, I asked around and some church pick up lines/ chat up lines I learnt were amusing. They included the following;

1)      Is that a King James Version you’re using? I’d like to check some references (innocent eh?)
2)      Excuse, where did you get the shoes? They look exactly like my wife’s... She innocently replies and you conclude “I’m not married, you look like the wife I’ve been imagining in my mind”. (This is funny, but it’s a cheap joke to start a conversation).
Please note that  I’m not training you to start toasting in church oo before someone says “TT says”... It’s what is going on and I thought I’d do an expose. Before my Pastor yabs me, I’d conclude by saying be at your Sunday best everyday and though the church is a great place to meet potential spouses, there are so many predators and pretenders who are out there. Be careful on Sundays cause the devil you know is better than the angel you don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment