Saturday, June 5, 2010

Blogger's Circle: Did Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz Do The Unthinkable?



Ever since folks found out about Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz’s romance, some fans have looked at both parties in a different light, even calling her a home-wrecker throwing around the H word. On top of that, news broke last week that the couple is not only planning a wedding but also expecting a bundle of joy. How does Mashonda feel? We don’t know (yet). But the streets are talking. Has Alicia done irreversible damage to her image in the name of love? VIBE called on a few gossip gurus to weigh in on this love triangle.
B. SCOTT (LoveBscott.com): “Scandals involving celebrities are always tricky because as outsiders we never know the full story. If Alicia & Swizz did in fact start their affair while he was still married to Mashonda, then my question for Alicia would be how do you expect God to bless your union when you destroyed someone else’s to get it? But if the marriage was already over when Alicia and Swizz started seeing each other then even though it's not ideal, it's more understandable. Let's face it, new love can happen at anytime but it's how we deal with our pre-existing relationships that determines whether or not the karma police will be paying us a visit.”

FRESH (Crunktastical.net): “I'm trying to come up with something witty to say about these two but they just bore the fuck out of my soul. SMH. I just hope Mashonda gets a BET show out of all this. You know she is circling their block as we speak.”

KID FURY (SoFurious.com): "I have three powerful words for the Swizzlicia pregnancy/engagement: Girl, Good Day! Feel free to insert a ferocious side-eye at any time. This would be Swizzy's third baby-mama, so I don't even see the need to discuss his tragic ass — on to the next one! I'm trying to figure out how Alicia decided that stuffing a bun in her oven during a world tour would be a cute idea. This reeks of unplanned pregnancy tea, with a hint of Maury and lime. If you ask me, both she and Mr. Beatz have trickled down into the 'basic bitch' watering hole, and it's sad. I am currently awaiting Mashonda's response to my Skype alerts and I plan to represent her in court! We want an increase on child support, three Ruff Ryder CDs, Wal-Mart shopping sprees, and a life-time supply of microwaveable Perdue chicken nuggets! Who gon' check us, boo?"

MISS JIA (MissJia.com): “Oh, to be a fly on Mashonda’s wall right now. I'm sure that most would say that she doesn't care but after her Twitter rant and ultimate deletion of her (initial) account, I don't believe it. And while I'm definitely a fan of Alicia Keys' sound and overall appeal, I do think that this whole situation definitely casts a different light on her. To be a woman who consistently preaches about women empowering themselves and making this world a better place but dating (and having a child by) a man who's ink is barely dry on those divorce papers? AND out of wedlock? I am NOT passing judgment because situations like this go on everyday in many of our own families. She did have a song called 'karma' though. This isn't to say that I wish her any bad luck or hurt with the future of her child...but sometimes, we need that reminder that says 'how you get them just might be how you lose them.' Good luck with that though."

No comments:

Post a Comment