Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lira Scored A Movie Role


Lira
SOUTH AFRICAN Talented songbird Lira has landed a dramatic acting role in a full-length feature film.


For those of you who were wondering what Lira was up to in Cape Town recently, tweeting about the glorious weather – we can now reveal that she was starring in a joint Italian/South African collaboration that was shot in the Mother City.

“The director Antonio Falduto spotted my picture on the cover of a magazine and he said ‘I want her to portray a particular character in my movie’, which just happened to be the supporting lead role,” said Lira.

“I was really attracted to the story when I read the script – it is beautiful.

“The movie, ‘The Italian Consul’, in which I feature alongside Italian actress Giulianna de Sio, follows the dramatic journey of two women and briefly touches on the subject of human trafficking.

“My character gets lured into human trafficking through modelling.

“That is one of the ways that they do it – they find destitute girls who have a certain look and they then trap them into lives of sex slaves and domestic workers. My character becomes a prostitute.

“I was so shocked whilst researching for my role. I learnt so much about human trafficking and what it really involves.

“It really opened my eyes to this problem. It could happen to anyone’s child, daughter or mother.”

Lira added: “To me, the movie has a cinema nouveau feel – It has a very serious and dramatic tone. So I am guessing that the film will do the rounds on the European movie circuit and hit Cannes before it is released in South Africa”.

So fans will have to wait well into 2011 before we get to see Lira on the big screen. But now you know what to schedule into your diary for next year…

No comments:

Post a Comment