Monday, May 3, 2010

EDITORIAL

.... YES THE BEEF CONTINUES

Rivalry is everywhere, be it in the office between a clique of ladies who can afford to wear Jimmy Choo Shoes and those who care less at seemingly less materialistic habits.

But the "beef" I'm talking about today is rivalry in the Labour market or in organizations based on the schools Mr. A or Miss. B attended.

I was at a wedding some weeks ago and I overheard someone talking behind my back wincing out "I no know wetin all these unilag boys dey feel like sef... na only dem get baffs?". I twitched and called the sassy lady speaking different kinds of names in my mind. Yes I did!!

Come to think of it, I was listening to the radio some days ago and one of my favourite On Air Personalities, who works with beat fm,  Gbemi Olateru Olagbegi a.k.a Miss 411, also made some derogatory comments when talking about unilag girls as "runs girls" who were one of the few ladies who bought the Brazilian hair or elasavadorian hairs (whatever that is). Imagine our Miss 411 outrightly generalizing unilag girls as asewos to their face; Oh what nerves!!
Just because she managed to go to one school in Yankee abi....

Anyways, there is no denying that the "beef" is the bloodline of the game in Lagos. The "beef" between all aje-butter students and graduates from private Universities, Unilag and Yankee universities and those from the "less popular schools".

This article is just full of "beef" isn't it? So I plead the indulgence of those offended directly or indirectly or lets begin a new round of beef fever....

Owonubi Tobi

No comments:

Post a Comment