Thursday, May 13, 2010

"If I Win I Am Going To Cry On Stage" says M.I



Hip-Hop star, M.I, recently revealed that if he wins the Lyricist on the Roll category at the Hip Hop World Awards 2010 he was going to shed tears on stage. "If I win I am going to cry on stage, I promise you that" said the rapper.

This might sound surprising and startling but anyone conversant with the history of the Lyricist on the Roll category will know why an artiste as successful as M.I will make such a statement. Since the inception of Hip Hop World Awards in 2006, lyrical stalwart Mode 9 has won the Lyricist on the Category a record four times in a row. "Honestly my chances are very poor, because Mode 9 is there again. This will be his fifth year in a row, if he picks it up. He is the best lyricist, the greatest lyricist in the history of Nigeria."

Despite evaluating his chances as slim, M.I still says that "I think 'Somebody Wants To Die' was a good song but let's see what happens." The other nominees in the category are Pherowshuz and OD, which M.I also gives props to.

Now, whether Mode 9 continues his formidable streak by winning it or Pheroshuwz, OD or M.I pick up the award, one thing is sure, history is going to be made on Saturday, May 29, 2010, the day of the awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment