Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Juanita Bynum’s New Record Deal


JuanitaBynumII_Croped1
Sup folks,
Juanita Bynum (no 2nd apparently anymore) has just inked a new deal with Mathew Knowles‘ (Beyonce’s daddy) Music World Entertainment.  Mathew and co. will manage Bynum as an artist and she will record via a joint venture with their gospel label, Spirit Rising/Son Flower Records. Son Flow Records is Juanita’s label. (Her previous CDs came out on a label called “Flow Records” if I’m not mistaken, so I guess the “son” is new and add some er….) With that, she plans to release a new CD at the end of the year called…. “The Diary Of Juanita Bynum.” (Take that Alicia Keys, ha!)
Here’s what Mathew Knowles (President & C.E.O. Of Music World Entertainment) had to say about the new deal:  “Dr. Juanita Bynum has built a solid foundation with her ministry leading the way to her music and literary accomplishments. Her global brand potential is extraordinary. She exemplifies the strength of human character and has the passion and talent to inspire.”
“I am elated about what the ingeniousness of Mathew Knowles mixed with the gift that God has given me is about to produce,” said Juanita Bynum. “It’s a new day, I’m a new Juanita Bynum and I’m ready for this new start.”
Now I’m interested to see how this partnership works out.  Interestingly enough, Juanita Bynum released a new CD just  LAST WEEK called “More Passion,” which I assumed was a follow-up to her 2006 CD, “A Piece of My Passion.” There was also the “Pour My Love On You” CD from 2008, but I guess she ran out of love and found some more passion. Let me stop. (These CD titles always made me feel some kind of way though….hmmm) Perhaps this latest CD was just sitting around and she had to get it out before she signed her deal with Knowles. I don’t know, but I’m extremely curious to see what changes Music World makes to her if any.  Will there be a Beyonce duet? (imagine!!!!) Now that Mathew Knowles no longer manages Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams from Destiny’s Child, he’ll have a lot of time and resources to put into Juanita which could be really good or really odd. Many people credit Mathew Knowles for the success of Destiny’s Child and Beyonce, so we’ll see.
I’ve never been too big on her singing but perhaps there has been some growth? I’ll give it a shot….
So are you looking forward to the “new Juanita Bynum”?

No comments:

Post a Comment