Monday, May 10, 2010

Christina Aguilera Returns June 8th with "Bionic"


Coming this June 8th, pop songstress Christina Aguilera will be releasing her newest full-length studio album. The record, "Bionic", is the singer's first since her 2006 long-play smash, "Back to Basics" and signals a
 departure from the retro stylings of the previous set. The new album contains a slew of collaborations with talented artists and producers alike, all hand-picked by Ms. Aguilera for the project. The first single, "Not Myself Tonight", has already been met with much fanfare and the album promises fare just as well.

Christina has said in the past that she likes to take time between projects so that she can better enjoy life and all it has to offer. The respite feeds her creativity and produces a more quality product. Each new creation is a reflection of how her personal experiences in life have shaped her. The singer states on her website:

"I strongly believe that life is all about growth, self-discovery and self-expression. Making music allows me to define my experiences and share them with others who might hopefully relate. Over the past four years I have learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of. What all women are capable of. Since the release of my last studio album, Back to Basics, I have become a mother, a wife, and most recently an actress. All of these new experiences have allowed me to face new challenges and explore different sides of myself I did not even know existed. I am a woman who wears many hats and carries many responsibilities. There are so many characteristics that define me, and this album was put together to represent all of those different parts of myself."

Clearly, Christina dives into her work wholeheartedly, and if her previous three sets are any measure, "Bionic" will rank right up there with the rest of them:

Her first album, "Christina Aguilera", earned her a Grammy Award for Best New Artist and spawned three #1 hits ("Genie in a Bottle", "What a Girl Wants", and "Come on Over Baby (All I Want is You)) and a fourth, "I Turn to You" hit #3.

Christina's second project, 2002's "Stripped", was an eclectic mix of both up and down tempo gems, including the touching, "Beautiful."

No comments:

Post a Comment