Friday, September 23, 2011

With A New Book Out, Common Opens Up About Being Vulnerable


Opening up about his new book One Day It Will All Make SenseCommon tells MSNBC’S “Morning Joe” he found it difficult to be vulnerable.

Admitting he had second thoughts about the project, the Chicago-native says, “Man, I said everything, I said a lot of things.” He thought at one point, “Do I really want to do this?”

He ultimately did it, he says, to help inspire others. Speaking on his mom, who inspired him, the 39-year-old says she is his best friend. “She taught me about love and life, respect and discipline.”

Regarding the White House controversy in May when he was asked by First Lady Michelle Obama to attend a poetry reading, he shrugs it off saying. “They just don’t know me.” No, they do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment