Monday, September 26, 2011

Come As You Are


http://s13.podbean.com/image-logo/0/19834_logo.jpg

by Joyce Meyer - posted September 26, 2011

(Lead a life) worthy of the [divine] calling to which you have been called [with behavior that is a credit to the summons to God's service, living as becomes you] with complete lowliness of mind (humility) and meekness (unselfishness, gentleness, mildness), with patience, bearing with one another and making allowances because you love one another.
—Ephesians 4:1-2
There is a big emphasis today on spending personal time with the Lord, and rightly so. Unfortunately, many people have been frustrated by this emphasis in teaching. They want to spend time with God, but feel uncomfortable. Some express that they never sense God's presence. Or, they don't know what to do during those times. We must learn to "be" and not always feel that we must "do."
In the verse above we read that we must come with unveiled faces in order to receive the benefit God wants us to have from the New Covenant. To me, this means that when I stop being religious and legalistic and just come to Jesus, when I lay aside all "my" works and begin to see Him, when I allow Him to remove the veil from my eyes, then He and I can enter into a personal relationship that will ultimately change me into His image. More than anything else, we need His presence. He is the only One Who can do anything for us that will be permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment