Friday, April 23, 2010

AN ODE OR IS IT.... DAGRIN



http://www.notjustok.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/DaGrinOmoita.jpg
I heard it first on Cool fm's drive-time show with Freeze.. I was not so sure what my ears heard... DA' GRIN rest in peace ke!!

I heard it again... sure, Cool fm couldn't make the same mistake twice and spread false information... I quickly tuned my radio to the beat fm's dial and I noticed that Da' Grin's songs were being played..

Then i dawned on me that It was true..

I'm a man and i dont cry, especially not for someone who i haven't met in person BUTafter about not having to shed a tear for the past eight years... my eyes reddened..

His music, his laugh especially, his friendly ambience during interviews and electric performance.. his pride of his native yoruba language, his personality, his.... his....


I don't really know what to write.. I' presently still in shock!

Da'grin... Rest in peace!! ..... 

Owonubi Tobi

No comments:

Post a Comment