Monday, April 26, 2010

Bieber Fever Crushes Justin's Fans in Oz

Justin Bieber Christopher Polk/Getty Images
Fans Down Under went over the moon for Justin Bieber.
The tween heart throb was set to make his Australian debut with a free outdoor concert on a morning TV show, but the performance was canceled after thousands of unruly fans created a security nightmare.
Fans in Sydney camped out overnight for Bieber's only Aussie show and by 3 a.m., almost 4,000 people had gathered. Rumors that the 16-year-old singer arrived early caused utter chaos as the crowd of mostly teenage girls started rushing the stage, resulting in minor injuries, hyperventilation and fainting.
That's when police pulled the plug...
As news of the nixed gig spread, Justin tweeted, "I love my fans....and I am just as disappointed as everyone else with the news from this morning. I want to sing for my fans."
"I WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR...I DONT CANCEL...I WOKE UP THIS MORNING TO THE POLICE CANCELING THE SHOW FOR SAFETY REASONS," he added.
Much to his fans' delight, Bieber ended up performing his hit "Baby" before telling everyone to head home.
After, he tweeted, "I'm beyond grateful...that was incredible. Thank u for such an amazing warm welcome Australia...I told you I wouldnt let you down. Thank U!"

No comments:

Post a Comment