Friday, September 21, 2012

John Mikel Obi deletes Twitter account following racist abuse from Chelsea Fans!

Chelsea midfielder and Nigerian International John Mikel Obi yesterday deleted his twitter page after receiving a barrage of racist abuse from Cheslsea fans who blamed Mikel for Chelsea’s draw against Italian team Juventus, Wednesday night at Stamford Bridge.
In the dying minutes of the game Mikel misplaced a pass that resulted in the 80th minute equalizer by Fabio Quagliarella. With the game ending in a 2 – 2 draw.
During his post game interview, Mikel bravely owned up to his mistake saying:
“If I want to make up an excuse, I can. But, for me, I gave the ball away. I put my hands up, we move on,” Mikel said.
“I’m sorry about the mistake, but there are no excuses.”

Mikel has however insisted that he did not delete his account because of the racist comments but because he has intended to delete it for a while.. The club management has reported the racist abuse case issue to the Police and has insisted that those responsible will be prosecuted and dealt with accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment