Saturday, September 22, 2012

Exclusive Interview with Moses Fabiyi, CEO Hauteman Events..


With our many years of experience and a sincere passion for our work, you are in great hands. We can guide you quickly and efficiently to exactly what you are looking for and save you much time and energy in the process. That is the welcome paragraph when you visit Hauteman Event's website..Today, we speak with Moses Yomi Fabiyi, CEO/Founder of Hauteman Events, a top events management company in Nigeria. Read more below:

TTSource: Good Day Mr. Moses Fabiyi
Moses: Hey good day Mr Tobi

TTsource: Over the years, you have built Hautemann events to be one of the top echelons in the Event Management Industry in Nigeria. Tell us about Hauteman and how it all started.
Moses: Hauteman Events started officially in 2010( I know you won't believe that).... I've always been a event and networking individual so when I pitched the idea of starting the company to a few close peeps around me, they all geared me on... especially my mum who asked me to follow my dream and passion after attending my graduation from my LLM class. All I can say going by how far we have come is that Oluwa (God) is definitely involved.

TTsource: As a lawyer with an LLB and also an LLM from the University of Strathclyde UK and also called to the Nigerian Bar, albeit afforded the chance to practice in the UK, How did you handle changing career lanes and the drama that came along with dumping your law degrees for Business?
Moses: It wasn't a funny or an easy decision especially with the kind of opened doors I had back in the UK but my mind was made up that I was returning to Nigeria to start up my own business. In preparation for this big task ahead of me I enrolled in QC Event School which certified me as an International Event and Wedding Planning Professional(IEWP) and I took a online program in customer service.

Switching over wasn't a big deal at all because I had my mother's support, she would've been my only headache but she gave me the full permission to go on chasing my passion. Though I had some extended family members who kicked against it being the first male lawyer in my generation (among my cousins) and because they all expected me to build a career in the Nigeria Judiciary just like my Uncle who is a Supreme Court Justice.   Point of correction I have not completely dropped my law degree o....


TTsource: Will you say it has been worth the risk
Moses: Yes o! It's really worth it because am doing and enjoying my thing. Above all I do not have someone to boss me around......(laughs)

TTsource: What was the first gig that brought your organization to limelight and did you believe you were able to take charge?






Moses: It was a popular family God used to bring us out when we planned and managed their son's wedding at the Lagoon Restaurant in Lagos same year we started and yes I have always taken charge so that was a big walk over for us.

TTsource: Could you list out some of the big events you have handled?
Moses: We have done a lot of weddings, birthdays and other social events around the country. We have done number of concerts and conferences and one of such is the recent South South Summit in Asaba. We were one of the two event managers for the event, another is being part of the grand finale of the Nokia Don't Break The Beat Contest in Lagos, the Green Festival in Abuja, the list goes on Tobi

TTsource: We know Nigeria is a difficult market for business owners. What difficulty have you experienced or what has been your major challenge in undertaking this line of business in this part of the world?
Moses: First of all where there is a casting down, we at Hauteman Events will always see a lifting up and that has worked for us. Generally for event business in Nigeria recognition is always the issue....a lot of people still don't see why they should appoint an event planner or manager till they get hooked, overwhelmed and confused. I also think access to a lot of event materials is an issue....they are usually at sky high prices.

TTsource: As someone whose business is all around parties and events, how do you take time out to relax?
Moses: If you know me well then you will know that I have as much fun when am working because I am a fun loving person.... I love owambe very well so when you now ask me to organize one for you, it's like you're paying me for what I ordinarily will love. Okay..... on a serious note I try to rest in my spare time, I chill out with friends when I can but most of these spare times am indoor just doing my thing and don't ask me what.

TTsource: Some of your twitter posts on your @mosesfabiyi account depicts sort of political activism etc. Do you intend to indulge in politics soon (laughs)?
Moses: Tobi!!!! Let's say I've always loved politics from my childhood and that has seen me participate actively in some unions and all that. Am not planning to give up on that for any reason because I believe I am part of the take over generation that will bring change to this country.

TTsource: For this section, we will be asking some random steeze on your preferences and would love your opinion… So lets get to it..
-         Twitter or facebook?  Response: Twitter…. That’s the new cool
-         Blackberry or Iphone? Response: Both
-         Wine or Soft drink? Response: Wine
-         News or Movies? Response: News
      -    Business or Pleasure (Laughs)? Response: business oh

TTsource: Thanks for your time

Hauteman Events can be contacted via
Hauteman Events
+234(0)08187655691
www.hautemanevents.com

6 comments:

  1. Hauteman CEO is someone I can personally stand for as a collateral. A jolly good fellow, a man of repute,a good organizer,coordinator,an highly exposed individual and well connected. Back in the days when I knew him as an undergraduate lawyer,he just took us like a junior brother and played with us as if we were mates. What more can one say? Hauteman leads!! Others follow...piss out. Fanisi babatunde(GCFR)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one person I'll always admire. His passion and dedication to doing what he believes in is so amazing. One of the most driven and hardworking individual I've ever had to work with. Y'all watch and see. Remember I said this; he's gonna do WONDERS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting piece and am glad the guy followed his passion. Its encouraging

    ReplyDelete