Friday, April 22, 2011

Chris Brown Hits The Studio With M.I.A.

Chris Brown is branching out. His F.A.M.E. album sees him expanding his repertoire, and he's already straddled the line between R&B and dance with "Beautiful People." Now, he's looking to push things even further. Though, to be honest, we're not exactly sure in what direction.
Brown recently logged studio time with the unlikely combination of M.I.A. and Polow da Don, a collaboration he broke on his Twitter account.
"Was in the studio with the incredible M.I.A. and Polow," he wrote. "Amazing artist[s]! Real talent!"
Polow further confirmed the collabo on his Twitter account, and, from the sound of things, the music they made was revelatory.
"In the lab wit the great Chris Brown and the incredible M.I.A.," Polow wrote (in ALL CAPS). "Thank you dear lord!"
Polow added, "I've waited on this moment my whole career ... I feel this song in my soul!" For her part, M.I.A. remained silent about the music, but did mention that she was "shootin' hoops" with Brown and the producer.
It's not known if the music they collaborated on is meant for a re-release of Brown's F.A.M.E., the follow-up to M.I.A.'s 2010 album MAYA or something else entirely. Emails to reps for both artists were not responded to by press time.
Brown is currently on tour in Australia, where, judging by his Twitter feed, he's taking time to see a whole lot of movies and playing basketball with the Adelaide 36ers of the National Basketball League.
TTowonubi

No comments:

Post a Comment