Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jessica Simpson: "I'm OK Being Single"

Billy Corgan, Jessica Simpson, John Mayer Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images; AP Photo/Peter KRamer; Jason Merritt/Getty Images for VH1
Just because Jessica Simpson and Billy Corgan hang out and make music together that doesn't mean there's a romance brewing between the two.
"Billy is a dear dear friend of mine," Simpson tells me. "If I am going through a hard time I definitely would talk to Billy. He always has the best words."
Like the verbal lashing he just gave John Mayer in Rolling Stone? Corgan blasts Mayer for kissing and telling and thinks he is "trying to destroy his career."
Simpson laughed when I first told her about Corgan vs. Mayer...
"He said that?" she asked. "Billy is a loyal friend—a very loyal friend. And that's nice to have these days."
Simpson admits she was "disappointed" by Mayer's now-infamous Playboy interview, but insisted, "I'm stronger than ever…So bring it on, everybody!"
Simpson, whose new reality series The Price of Beauty premieres Monday on VH1, will turn 30 in July. "I'll definitely have a big blowout and party like crazy, that's for sure," she said. "It's the big 3-0. You have to."
And that's with or without a boyfriend by her side. "I'm single," she said. "I am OK being single. I'm flirtatious and single."

No comments:

Post a Comment