Saturday, March 20, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: Listen Up! – Karen Clark-Sheard


kcsheaderSup folks, this one is special!
So as I’m sure most of you know, one of gospel music’s vocal ARCHITECTS (she helped create, originate and perfect the “melismatic” vocal style that so many artists gospel and mainstream mimic  today), Karen Clark-Sheard is releasing her new solo CD,”All In One” on April 6th. (My music professors will be proud to know I used melismatic correctly. See I was paying attention, ha!)
As Karen Clark-Sheard is probably one of my favorite singers on earth, I decided I wanted to do something a little special for this release. A lot of times, we in the music business get privy to CD’s wayyyy before they come out and I sometimes rub it in, which isn’t so nice. (hehehe) Well, this time Karen and the folks at HER record label, Karew Records, let me share!!!
So, everyday up until the release of the album, I will let you hear a new song from the new album, “All in One!” So I’m just gonna stop talking now and get right to the first track.
First up, a duet with her SANG-TANG-A-LANGING sister, Dorinda Clark-Cole on “He Knows.”  CLICK ON THE ALBUM COVER BELOW AND enjoy, and tell me what you think!
Til Monday’s exclusive track,
Torrence
kcsab

No comments:

Post a Comment