Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bow Wow 'Needed To Live Life' To Make Underrated

Bow Wow has grown up in hip-hop, but in order to deliver his upcoming seventh album, Underrated, the Cash Money MC had to go through some real-life experiences.

"I feel like with this album, it's so different, because I had to live life to make this album," the 24-year old rapper told Sway when he visited "RapFix Live" on Wednesday.

"I had to go through a lot of things for me to be able to write the type of things I'm writing now, to understand my fans, to be on the ground level. Not above my people, but right there with my people," he continued. "I would probably need another three years to live before I can create another one. Just so I could go through different things."

As far as the album title, Bow used it as motivation. "The more and more I kept sayin' the word 'underrated,' I realized how many others of millions of people out there probably tuning in right now who probably feel like they're underrated," he said. "I'm sure there is an underground rapper out there who can rap hard and he want his break."

Despite all his platinum plaques and sold-out tours, Bow Wow still feels like he doesn't get his just due. He hopes that will change once the album drops. Bow recently debuted the first video from the album, for "Sweat" with Lil Wayne, and he has already clocked in collaborations with Lloyd Banks. Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, Jadakiss and Meek Mill and still plans to record with Wiz Khalifa.

Though there isn't a concrete release date in place, Bow Wow estimates Underrated will drop in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment