Monday, August 22, 2011

Fox News Disses Chris Brown Yet Again

Halftime Report Host Andy Levy tears into Breezy with the most sarcastic " apology" ever. Hey, did you know Fox News doesn't like Chris Brown? Of course you did— the conservative news channel has made no secret of their dislike for the embattled R&B singer. So it should come as no surprise that Fox News lit into Breezy yet again earlier this week—twice.  

On Tuesday, Brown tweeted, "No more planking for me unless it's on a sexy lady," referring to the recent Internet craze . Minutes later, Andy Levy, host of Fox's Halftime Report , retweeted Breezy's post, adding a comment of his own: "You spelled 'punching' wrong." Levy was, of course, alluding to Brown's infamous 2009 assault of his then girlfriend Rihanna. In response, Brown tweeted, "@andylevy children conduct themselves better! Much love and success!" Levy was also subsequently the target of a barrage of pointed tweets from the singer's infamously defensive "Team Breezy" Twitter followers.

According to NecoleBitchie.com ,the Fox News host then responded at length to Brown and his followers yesterday on the air with perhaps the most sarcastic "apology" ever: "I'd like to apologize to Chris Brown and to his fans that are known as 'Team Breezy.' To Mr. Brown, I apologize for referencing the fact that you beat the crap out of Rihanna. [ Laughter in background ] It was disrespectful of me to draw attention to the fact that you put your girlfriend in the hospital. And further, it was not my place to make people remember that you beat a woman with your fists, leaving her with multiple facial contusions, a bloody nose and a split lip. I know that now.

"I also appreciate the fact that you tweeted me, letting me know that children conduct themselves better than I do. You are correct, and I could only hope to one day mature to the point where I can conduct myself in a more adult manner. Possibly by throwing a chair out of a window and storming out of a building with my shirt off. [ Laughter ] I ask only for your patience. "To Team Breezy, I would also like to say that I'm sorry. Thank you for your thousands of tweets, which taught me a lot about the creative possibilities of spelling, grammar, and syntax. Possibilities I couldn't even imagine before last night. In particular I'd like to thank the female members of Team Breezy, who have taught me that as long as you can sing , you can beat the living hell out of a woman and other women will still love you. "And lastly, I apologize to everyone for using Twitter to subtly address the fact that I think it's disgusting that a guy who put his girlfriend can, a mere two years later, be warmly welcomed back into society and appear on shows such as Saturday Night Live, as if everything he did magically never happened. It won't happen again... The only thing Chris Brown is guilty of? A felony." Wow. Chris Brown can at least take comfort in the fact that someone else out there feels his Fox's-favorite-punching-bag pain: Barack Obama.
TT Owonubi

No comments:

Post a Comment