Friday, July 30, 2010

AQ: I Didn’t Diss Jesse Jagz But I Would Keep Dissing Ruggedman.


AQ.
AQ addresses Jesse Jagz and Ruggedman Comment/ Purported Feud, Release A Record/Song To Collaborate.
“I was just calling it as i saw it, dude uses autotune and he uses it well, so why all fuss” A-Q said,A-Q released his recent single ‘names’ earlier in the year and reports of feud with Jesse jagz and Ruggedman followed. “We don’t say autotone, we say Jesse Jagz’ track [and] we don’t say whack, we say Ruggedman’s back”, A-Q rapped in the third verse for the single ‘names’.
“I’d say it as it is but it is all love”, the outspoken rap artiste said.
A-Q’s recording career started in 2001 when he released the reportedly controversial ‘(W)rap Up Nigeria’ track off his debut ‘Listen and Overstand’ LP. Ever since, he has worked with several fast rising artistes and producers from Morachi, Terry Tha Rapman, Laylow, Sossick, Frenzy to Kraft. His last record was ‘Love and Money’ mixtape which featured Terry Tha Rapman, Morachi and several other fast rising artistes. The Mixtape remains the very first compilation to parade premium production from Sossick, Frenzy, Laylow, Kraft and it was given to fans free of charge.
“What we have on the track is my very honest opinion on what I thought of Jesse Jagz and Ruggedman” AQ, born Gilbert Usen said about the track. “As much as I am a rap artiste, I’m still a fan but I have never being a fan of  Ruggedman, clearly I wouldn’t say he is dope and for [Jesse] Jagz, I totally didn’t diss him – he sings better than he raps. He has been singing half the time he raps and he does it with a vocoder/autotone, It was a very plain comment. “” he added.
“If it makes any difference, let me say I dance to his songs when it come on in the club’ he included.
“It is not in character any more to give props to whom it is due and tell otherwise when it is not good music, If Jesse Jagz release a good rap record, I would rap about him being the greatest but as at when I recorded ‘names’ and till date, he sings with the autotone software” he further said.
“In the case of Ruggedman, that was pretty much not misconstrued. He is whack and I’d make another record saying so if need be”, he concluded.
AQ is working on a mixtape ‘Bars and Hooks’ which he plans to have it be hosted by DJ Jimmy Jatt. The mixtape would follow before his album titled ‘The Past, Present and Future’ for release before the end of the year 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment