Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chris Brown Accused of Bribing Grammy Official

Chris Brown has been a lightning rod for controversy over the years, as he just can't stay out of the public eye in terms of negativity, but the latest allegation against the R&B singer may be the most serious yet.

The allegation stems from Chris Brown's win at this year's Grammy Awards, which some are alleging, he didn't win fair and square. The man responsible for Brown's Grammy nod, producer Ken Ehrlich was fired a few months after the award show for what was described as "indiscretion and violation of the Academy's ethics and integrity in rewarding talent."

These violations may or may not be result of Brown paying Ehrlich a substantial sum of money, which was brokered through a series of e-mails that were exchanged between the 2. The money was alleged to have been made to ensure a win for Brown.

Another piece of this story is Neil Portnow, President of The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, who released this statement addressing the situation:

"With almost ten years of being President for The Academy, I would have never predicted that this would happen. My lack of blessing for Chris' nomination was known, but as I've always respected my colleagues' insights, I mustered all I could not to fight it so much. I have worked alongside Ken for years now, and I am heavily disappointed, and will have to raise the conduct around this board. I will see to it that nothing of this caliber of humiliation will happen again."

Chris Brown and his reps obviously deny these claims, but if these claims turn out to be true, he may end of being a bigger villain than after the viciously assaulted former girlfriend Rihanna a few years ago
@TT_SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment