Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Slept with Slim Mariam

Her eyes glowed as we interlocked sights, hers calling out to mine, pleading for attention, which I gave as I stroked gently her hair.

She smiled, giggled, as I placed my lips on her forehead then its was pecks all over her beautiful olive skinned face. It was getting hot, you could say; the feeling was innocent, my hands touching her brittle fingers - I could feel her trust in my ability to keep her safe from harms way as those peering eyes once again looked at me as I unbuttoned her velvety shirt.

I carefully carried her with my strong arms as I looked at her temples... Lifting her effortlessly off the couch towards the bedroom door.

Through my mind echoed some rhythmic lyrics.. "I got a feeling, tonights gonna be a good night".. I sang along not uttering a single word from my lips but hitting actual notes through my mind's lips.. I lay her down, completely removing her shirt, staring at the perfection of God's wonderful creation. "Mariam", I said.. "Slim Mariam", I enthused, the only sight of perfection that surrounded my present location. She giggle again, not really understanding the gravity of the love I felt.. Each word I meant with every bit of my soul.

I removed my shirt, pecks, triceps, abdominal muscles bulging, revealing the mythical greek Zeus in this Naija dude. Heading straight towards my bed, I pick up my baby, my girl and place her in the cradle next to my bed. That night, there were no cries in the home of the young, single widowed father of Slim Mariam, my daughter & friend.
TTowonubi

No comments:

Post a Comment