Wednesday, June 1, 2011

CHIDINMA GEARS UP FOR DEBUT

Winner of the MTN Project Fame Season 3 edition Chidinma , is set to release her debut album in a matter of months. The petite looking 21- year-old wowed viewers of the popular music talent show which took place in 2010 and won the hearts of millions with her voice. Her winning the reality show just showed that despite her young age and little stature, her musical prowess couldn't be looked down upon. By winning she secured for herself a brand new Toyota RAV4 , 2.5 million naira and a record deal. The young, promising singer has already released two singles ' Jankolikoko ' and  ' Carry you go ', but it is the former which guest starred veteran pop singer Sound Sultan that has received the most pleasant reviews from music pundits and constant rotation from OAPs. ' I am happy about the positive response towards my new single. Project Fame really taught me on how to be a total artiste and it was what I have learnt that I am putting back in my song. Jankolikoko is just the tip of the iceberg. I am improving my craft everyday ', says Chidinma. Chidinma is excited to be working with heavyweight producers like Cobhams Asuquo, Tee-Y Mix and the contemporary highlife producer J. Martins. We have also learnt she will be spending some studio time with Tha Suspect and eLDee da Don . ' Right now I am in the studio with really talented artistes, songwriters and producers. I am putting a whole lot of energy into my first album because the expectations are high. I not scared but challenged to produce an album that will reflect who I am artistically as well as make an impact in the Nigerian music industry ', the younger says about her forthcoming debut. The video of ' Jankolikoko ' will be directed by Clarence Peters . Will Chidinma topple her successors, first and second winners of Project Fame, Iyanya and Mike ? Only time will tell…
TTowonubi

No comments:

Post a Comment