Saturday, May 21, 2011

Beyonce draws on Fela for inspiration for new album…calls his music sexy!

I would never have thought of Fela's music as sexy! Iconic…but not sexy…But Queen Bey does. In a recent interview with Billboard Magazine which she covers, Beyonce talks about drawing on Fela's music as inspiration for her new album '4′ The R & B diva says; I recorded more than 60 songs: everything I ever wanted to try, I just did it. I started off being inspired by [Afrobeat music pioneer] Fela Kuti. I actually worked with the band from "Fela!" [the hit Broadway musical based on his life] for a couple of days, just to get the feel for the soul and heart of his music; it's so sexy, and has a great groove you get lost in. I loved his drums, all the horns, how everything was on the one. What I learned most from Fela was artistic freedom: he just felt the spirit.
TTowonubi

No comments:

Post a Comment