Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Alicia Shares with Essence Magazine on the Joys of Motherhood

Congratulations to Alicia Keys! The singer just landed her first magazine cover since the birth of lil Egypt last year. Inside the magazine Alicia finally gives her take on being married to Swizzy. Check out a few quotes below: On music, marriage and motherhood: "Falling in love is such a force, but this is a whole other level of magic." "I was very closed for a long time. But I feel so open now. To feel open like this means you've found the center in yourself. You're not hiding; you're not worried about anything. Everything's going to be just fine." Everything is gonna be fine til Swizzy knocks up the next broad. We hope she's right! On dedicating a song to her mom: "In the past, I've written mostly from my own perspective. But I just wrote a song for my next album that was inspired by a conversation I had with a man who was expressing how indebted he feels to God. He said, 'I owe God.' Now, what an interesting thought. And as much as I believe in God, for me that translated into how much I owe my mother for who I am. So I went home and I wrote I Owe You. It's dedicated to her…" Now that is sweet! One thing that's undeniable, Alicia looks banging on the cover!
TTowonubi

No comments:

Post a Comment