Tuesday, November 9, 2010

M.I Breaks Down ‘M.I.2′ – The Movie and Soundtrack

MI - MI:2
Over the weekend, MTV Award-winning rapper M.I confirmed that he would indeed be pursuing a career in Nollywood sooner rather than later. The Safe emcee disclosed that his long-awaited second studio album M.I.2 will comprise of a movie and an original soundtrack, and the entire project will be premiering in local cinemas this month.
According to a statement from Chocolate City Records, M.I’s record label, there will be three premieres for the movie – two scheduled to hold in Lagos and a third in Abuja. The first would be an invite-only affair for industry insiders and VIPS, while 300 lucky fans will have the chance to see the movie at the second Lagos premiere. The third premiere is scheduled to hold in Abuja and will have insiders and fans alike in attendance.
Audu Maikori, C.E.O Chocolate City, explained that even though the project might appear to be out of the reach of the average fan, the company has no intention of alienating any section of the public. According to Audu, ‘we are determined to push this project to the grassroots so eventually people would get a chance to watch it at the comfort of their homes.’
The road to the follow-up to M.I’s classic 2008 debut, Talk About It, has been something of a soap opera of its own. With leaked music, eternal delays and the release of lead single, Undisputed Champion, being greeted with mixed reviews, M.I 2 is finally only a few weeks away from becoming a reality.
No word yet on who will star alongside M.I on this project but according to Audu, the first M.I.2 movie trailer is set for release online sometime this week and a second trailer will be shot in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment