Monday, September 27, 2010

Who is… Yemi Alade


There are two types of raw talent – One that is left in the ground to rot and another, which like gold is polished and given the opportunity to blossom. It is always a pleasure [and a breath of fresh air at that] to discover budding new talent that’s given the opportunity to shine. An example of this category of new talent is Yemi Alade.
The 300 Level student-songstress is a student of the University of Lagos and was discovered in the first season of the Peak Talent Show, where she wowed the audience with the sheer strength of her voice in the process beating down other contestants from the six geo-political zones of the country to win the competition.
For her, it is only the beginning of a journey. She says “Before Peak, I’d always relied on the fact that I think I can sing. However, now that I have gone through a competition and done some professional training, I realize that I have a lot more to learn about the art and the business. I’m more convinced now more than ever that this is the reason I am here.”
Her debut single, Fimisile, written and produced by eLDee, can be found below. The video was directed by Tom Robson.
She is signed to Adebayo Omisore-owned Jus’ Kiddin’ Entertainment.

Yemi Alade Feat. eLDee – Fimisile from Platonique PR on Vimeo.

Culled from: www.bellanaija.com

No comments:

Post a Comment