Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rihanna's "Diamonds" Tops Billboard's Hot 100


Despite her recent press tour drama, Rihanna is celebrating the continued success of her hit single "Diamonds." The omnipresent song has peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, dethroning Maroon 5's "One More Night," which had a nine-week run. "Diamonds" is Rih Rih's 12th Hot 100 topper, tying her with Madonna and the Supremes for fourth-most in the chart's 54-year history. 
With high sales on her newly released Unapologetic album, the singer is set to have the No. 1 record in the United States, thanks to the popular track and a few other rising singles. "Happy WORLDWIDE #UNAPOLOGETICDAY!!! Thank everybody around the world who's supporting this album. I couldn't be more ecstatic about this," she tweeted.
The pop songstress just wrapped her 777 tour, which hit seven countries in seven days to promote her new album. While it's being called a press fiasco, the Unapologetic star still enjoyed herself and apologized to her tour guests.

"I know you guys barely got any dirt…But I had to be good. I still sound like sh—," Rih told the disgruntled scribes at the end of the trek. "It's impossible to spend time with everybody, and I’m sorry I didn’t. But this was excellent and I would definitely do it again."

No comments:

Post a Comment