Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rest in Peace. Pioneer Nigerian Designer Remi Osholake of Remi Lagos has passed away

Very sad news this evening, renowned Nigerian designer, Remi Osholake of Remi Lagos is dead.
Details are not confirmed but the designer reportedly died from Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Cancer) or Ovarian cancer which was just diagnosed in October 2012. She was reportedly receiving treatment at a world class medical centre in London.

Remi has been a fundamental part of the Nigerian fashion industry for over two decades. Her signature kaftans were best sellers and she showed at fashion shows all over the world.

She was 51 years old.

One of Remi's closest friends, fellow designer, Adebayo Jones posted this short but moving note on his Facebook page

THANKING YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PRAYERS
Sadly my dear friend who has been in hospital treatment for Cancer, whom most of you have prayed for and sent goodwill messages has passed away moments ago.
I am still in shock. I just don't get it how someone can be diagnosed and be gone within two weeks.
I saw her on Thursday and she was in a very delicate state which greatly distressed me the whole night and Friday. I really did wish there was something I could have done.
This morning just about 12 Noon I was praying for another Friend going through an operatiion as I write, and I spent the rest of the time praying for my dear friend Remi and pleading God's mercy.
Got the message just after I finished praying.
May her soul find perfect peace AMEN.
Thank you all for your prayers and God bless you all.

Dear Remi .. You will be greatly missed as an truly beautiful soul and a great Artisan..
You have left a big mark that can not be easily equalled. It's been quite a while and a blessing knowing you since 1987 just after returning from England to set up your first outlet Freaky Designs..
The joy for me is that you experienced LOVE right to the end.. We all Loved you and you Loved us back equally..
I will not forget your words.. You told me
""TELL THE WORLD I LOVE THEM"
and just so you know dearest Remi

WE LOVE YOU TOO..

Peace and love to all the family… Have to stop here
Have no more words at the moment.

We will miss your beautiful smile! Rest in Peace.
@TT_SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment