Monday, October 3, 2011

Jesus Is Our Standard


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhhVGUYtHoaxvyH81CEdEWjffq0AsDy5mexwz4v8VLTRNbrYyJ6JGAXPSF7pCRCsjnk_qN58020UC8JQr4kKBh8NANaaF_X9qbZnuiX0fvN-LTx6MxzjKeABtPu8P7TwX9bKr38CKmUQMs/s1600/Joyce+Meyer.jpg

by Joyce Meyer - posted October 03, 2011

His intention was . . . that [we might arrive] at really mature manhood (the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ's own perfection), the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ and the completeness found in Him.
—Ephesians 4:12-13
One time I was comparing myself to the way I used to be, and I thought, I am not doing too badly. Then God said to me, "But Who is your standard? How are you doing compared to Me?" I said, "Lord, I have a long way to go!"
Refuse to live beneath the standard that Jesus has set for you. Keep your eyes on Him and tell Him, "Many . . . are the wonderful works which You have done . . . no one can compare with You" (Psalm 40:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment